Skip to main content

The Official Apparel of 2020: MASKS!

 The Official Apparel of 2020: MASKS!


The year is about to end and you'd soon see the rewinds, the throwbacks, and some quarantine stories from the people. The year has given us as much as it has taken away from us. The perspective of looking at things has changed to a great extent. My friends who loved to eat from the restaurants have started enjoying cooking in their kitchen. The ones who couldn't spend time with their family enjoy their weekends with their loved ones. Work from home and Online lectures doesn't sound absurd anymore.
The dressing sense has changed as well. The jeans that weren't supposed to get washed for weeks get washes once after 2 usages. The biggest thing that has changed while going out is the addition of apparel that is even more important than your favorite T-shirt or Hoodie.
Yes, you got it right.
It's the mask!
Without a doubt, it is the official apparel of 2020.



I'd seen Masks at my home since my childhood because my Dad used to wear them at his work. I used to borrow one and pretend like I was carrying out scientific experiments on my stuffed toys.
The first time I wore them outside the house was the time when the Swine Flu was spreading all over the country in the year 2009. But I'd never thought that the same mask would be required again after a decade.
They were essential for going outdoors and interacting with anyone. The demand rose so much that the supply of masks was inadequate!
There was the hoarding of masks in the black market and countries starting importing Masks from other countries. 😷



Initially, the importance of masks was ignored by the people around the world. But when the WHO stated that it prevents the spread of COVID-19, the people slowly realized that they just can't get by without masks. But still, some people opposed this notion. Some people just can be convinced no matter what proof present you present them.



The increase in the demand for masks gave a boost to the small scale industries that produced cotton masks. Of course, the cotton masks were reusable and allowed people to buy them at affordable prices. Some of the people used surgical masks while some people used the finer ones. More than that, the fashion brands reinvented the Masks in a way never thought of by someone else. Transparent Masks, Masks matching to their dresses, and paying celebrities and pop-culture icons to endorse them became a new way for these companies to make money. Some masks I've seen were so expensive that even the virus would be grateful if it got a chance to sit on such Masks!
Nothing against the companies cause the point here is that the market is so big that everyone has a mask that suits his/her needs.



                                   


I went out 5 times in these 10 months. Now before you think a lot of things about me, let me clear your doubts.
Yes, I am lazy and I only need a few things to survive!😅
I observed that all the people aren't still convinced that masks can do a lot better than they think. I've become extra conscious while walking the streets where people aren't wearing masks. 


With that being said, let me share an experience with you guys.
I met my friend a week ago. He had to buy some books from the bookshop for his sister. I was excited to get out of the house after a long time. Hence, I was smiling at every person that I saw on the streets!
That didn't turn out to be creepy for the people because my smiling mouth was hidden behind the mask. At the time of paying for the books, the shopkeeper coughed with a wheezing chest and...
I exchanged a frightening look with my friend and were almost ready to run from the spot. The only reason was, he didn't have his mask on.
Ironically, it was a shop that sold books for medical studies and masks for the students pursuing medical studies.
NEVER DID I FELT THE NEED TO TAKE BATH AS BAD AS THAT MOMENT.



Keeping the funny things aside, I'm proud to see the support of people for the government regulations and following them to a good extent.
India is finally seeing the decline in the number of COVID-19 patients and the masks that stays on your face while going out has a lion's share in it.



However, we must only see it as a reward for the efforts of the doctors, the police force, and the supporting staff. The virus still has the potential to cause damage. The 'Mask', the official apparel of 2020; still needs to be on your face for a few more months.



I want to thank you guys for supporting me. I know that this blog is posted a lot later after the previous one. I wasn't regular because I had some things to deal with. Henceforth, I'll be posting regularly. Your comments and wishes mean a lot to me. Those are the only things that kept me writing these days. I wasn't going to write this blog because I'll be having my exams in a week. But, I couldn't miss the chance of wishing you a wonderful new year.
Happy new year! 🎉🥳🥳🥳
Take care of yourself and your loved ones.
See you next year!
🙌🙌🙌

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jitu! Your support means a lot to me. Sorry for the late reply. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  2. I have one moto in my life bro and that is ABS, Always Be Sending i.e. keep sending the good vibes, happiness etc to everyone. Or keep sending the hard work towards your goal to succeed. So keep sending your blog. We are here always waiting for them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a quite noble motto brother! You've always been sending good vibes to the people around you. I'm glad that you enjoy my blogs. I'll try to post more from now

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Decision (Exams Cancelled)

The Big Decision (Exams Cancelled) It's a known fact that the COVID-19 has brought the world to a halt. Everyone was trying their best to make the most of their time. Some people were renovating their houses; some were trying out new recipes and some were studying for the exams. The majority of the students were treating this quarantine period as their summer vacation. Perhaps a vacation where you could do anything you want inside your house (Under the supervision of your parents which makes it not very cool). Please don't get me wrong, being able to spend time with your parents is a blessing. The phone usage of students rose significantly resulting in parents telling students how our generation is addicted to the technology. Every generation has pros and cons though. Social media, web series, animes became the part of every student's life. But deep down, every student knew that this was just an escape to forget the fact that exams can be conducted by the universi

Fake influencers: The agents of manufactured reality

 Fake influencers: The agents of manufactured reality How many public figures do you follow on various social media platforms? It’s great to be up-to-date with what’s going on in their life, isn’t it? Maybe you’re a big fan of his/her work or post feed. Their presence on social media ensures that they stay relevant to the culture and give their followers a chance to get a peek into their lives. A good amount of following can be used to create awareness, raise money for a cause and create a strong community. On the flip-side, it can also be used to push products/courses that benefit only the ones who sell them, and imbibe ideologies that are biased and serve no good to society. Many of such influencers sell us manufactured reality time and time again. It can severely affect our well-being as being the consumers of the same. There’s a lot of political tension in the world. People divide themselves based on countries, beliefs, races, genders, and ideologies. Most of them are just

Top 5 things to learn from The TATA group

Top 5 things to learn from The TATA group We all have complicated lives and we're all trying to make it better in our ways. Life teaches us awesome things but at the cost of throwing punches on us. The other day, I was reading about the TATA group and its history. I was amazed by the similarities a company can possess to the human life. The failures, the successes, the hopes, the creativity; this company has gone through everything a human does in life. It was only because the company was blessed with great leaders who took the right decisions in wrong times and the employees who poured their blood, sweat, and tears to make their visions turn into a reality. Let's see the top 5 things we can learn from this company to live a better life… 1. Things don't always go our way, accept it and move on   Air India which was formerly known as "TATA Airlines" was formed in 1932. It was liked by the customers for its incredibly great service. J.R.D. T